Entries by Josh

2014 Year in Review

Let’s look at some stats for my blog for the year 2014. I did this last year so it might be fun to compare between this year and last year. Here we go: Total visits to my blog: 844 (about 391 people). Half of these people (55%) were returning visitors and the other half (45%) […]


The Cost of Giving

This morning during my devotional I was reminded about sacrificial giving. My lesson came from the very end of 2 Samuel. The story goes that king David was going to offer a sacrifice to God and he needed to do it in a certain place. So the owner of the place (the threshing-floor) was going […]

Where Are You From?

I’ve noticed a subtle but interesting change in me since I’ve returned home from living overseas. I’ve noticed that whenever I meet somebody new for the first time I always ask them where they are from. “Where are you from?”. I catch myself asking this question a real lot these days and I don’t think […]

Our Little Christmas Present

We are very much enjoying our new baby girl. During our two day, two night stay at the hospital I just couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. It’s been so much fun to have a little baby in our house again. I forget just how little and fragile they are. That being said though, […]

, ,

Best Gift Christmas

I’ve been meaning to write a post about Christmas for a while. I’ve hesitated because a) we’ve been busy moving into a new apartment, and b) I just haven’t known how to encapsulate my thoughts. I have to really guard myself against cynicism, during the holidays more than ever. I know my experiences overseas really […]

Winston Churchill. Defender of the Realm.

I read (and finally finished) a fantastic book last night called The Last Lion. Winston Spencer Churchill, Defender of the Realm, 1940-1965. This book was mammoth, to say the least- one of the largest books I’ve ever read. My dad asked me how I liked it and I told him it was a love/hate relationship. […]

Pressing On

It’s been an exciting last couple weeks as Kim and I have worked to setup and establish our new business. We came up with a name too. We’ll be calling our company Amalgam, which means “the blending together of two or more different things or ideas”. We like the idea of blending together our clients’ […]

Fall Tapestry

I went outside taking pictures in my parent’s backyard this week and got a couple amazing pictures of the trees. One in particular was just at it’s peak, displaying a gorgeous mosaic of greens, reds, oranges, and yellow- set against a deep blue sky. I went under the tree and pointed my camera up into […]

Starting Our Own Business

God has laid a new opportunity at our feet that both Kim and I are really excited about. It’s been a pretty fun past couple weeks. Let me recap for a moment where we’ve been. We returned home from Indonesia last March. We spent about four months at headquarters debriefing with our organization, and starting […]